Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum

Lou Nuer Community consist of Akobo, Nyirol and Uror Counties
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 Sudan Tribune News

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin


Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Sudan Tribune News   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:05 am

Wednesday 23 September 2009 05:30.
Printer-Friendly version Comments...

September 22, 2009 (JUBA) – The interior minister in the government of Southern Sudan today reiterated its commitment to protecting lives and properties of civil populations across the region. He added that more troops are heading to Jonglei state.

The repetitive tribal attacks in Jonglei state stirred resentment inside the country and raised concerns over the slowness of Juba government to deal this violence that threaten the implementation of a 2005 peace deal.

To demonstrate the concern and commitment of southern Sudan authorities, the interior minister in the semi-autonomous government on Monday paid a visit to Duk Padiet where Lou Nuer militiamen killed some 76 people.

"There is no way the government can allow her civil populations be massacred at will. No, we are committed and determined to providing adequate security to the whole region and more especially to the frequently affected areas by tribal conflicts," said GOSS minister of internal affairs, General Gier Chuang Aluong.

The minister also said convinced behind reasonable doubt that enemies of peace and southern stability have emerged to return the region to square one.

"The latest attack on civil populations in Duk Padiet, Jonglei state, is neither a tribal clash nor cattle rustling issue as it previously used to cover attentions of most people," he said .

"It was a pure military attack by armed groups on civilians," he said adding Government of Southern Sudan has seriously taken note of this incident and is preparing to dispatch a joint military and police forces to the area.

Asked what is his government doing to return the situation to normal, he said, Jonglei State Governor Kuol Manyang with UN representatives and I were on Monday in the area to see for ourselves what happened and gather relevant information about who exactly were behind the attack.

"The information we collected coupled with what we saw necessitated current decision to urgently send in security forces already on their way to the area."

"Their immediate assignment is to provide adequate security to the affected population and their surroundings," he said adding the government will soon form a ministerial committee to investigate the killing.

Gier further called on citizens to cooperate with government forces in the provision of security related information saying such atrocious incidents are committed by grouped he described as "ruthless armed gangs."

"If information regarding their preparation and movement is timely leaked to security forces in the area, believe me, such tragic and regrettable incident would have been attended to at earliest, he commented.

Besides Sunday attack, the Lou Nuer armed men On August 28 attacked, Twic East, another area of Dinka ethnic group in Jonglei killing more than 40 people.

The Lou Nuer blame the southern Sudan authorities of favoring the Dinka tribe in Jonglei and ignoring their request for justice. Also they say Jonglei authorities harass them.

(ST)

_________________
The board is for us to exchange our opinions; everyone is encourage to use their sure name on the board. In addition, if you ever become violent to others, your name will be delete without notification
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://loucommunity.forumotion.com
 
Sudan Tribune News
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum :: Share idea with Lou :: Enter into Lou Nuer Forum-
Jump to: