Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum

Lou Nuer Community consist of Akobo, Nyirol and Uror Counties

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time For Everything Article.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Time For Everything Article. Empty
PostSubject: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 4:06 am

Article I. Time for everything
By: Kueth Yul Dieu.
Feb, 25 2009
There is time for everything: a time to be young and a time to be old, a time to be a villager and a time to live in civilize land, a time to be uneducated and a time to hold a PhD, a time to be slave and a time to stay free, a time to be civilian and a time to rule the country, and the list goes on. …
No one is born to rule forever unless he is a dictatorship, and viversa, no educated person can sit without doing business or join the politic unless he is not thinking. In Sudan particularly the south, people who ruled from 1970s are still the same ones running the current government. Young people who were born early in 1960-70s and those born in 1980s during the bloody struggle are being blocked out from the government which their fathers struggled for.

This is happening from all tribes in the South, regardless of Dinka, Nuer, Anuak, Shilluk, and many other tribes in East and Western Equatorial. Young people have a limit access to the government resources. The old people who are of course the rulers of the current government are taking the leadership very seriously and not giving any young person a chance to learn the government operations and political strategies. When approached by the young people for government opportunities, the only answer they given is “you’re still young, you do not know politic”. The same old folks are the ones proposing to run for every office in the coming 2011 election, wanting to compete with young men from the Northern Part beside Bashir’s position. When the young southern tries to participate in the election, they told him/her, if you’re not 45 or 50 years old, you do not qualify for the politic, you need to gain experience first before thinking about running for a big chair, just like if they were born politicians.
They forgot the fact that even being smart can grant someone into a great leadership position just like what happen in November 4th 2008 in the United States of America when American people elected the first black president who has no much experience but very smart, (how about that?) The only people they trusted are their colleagues during the war struggle and mainly the ones that are still alive and physically strong. They do not even recognize their colleagues who exceeds their ages and fail to remember the heroes who lose their lives during the bloody struggle. They are just full of greed, distrust and corruptions.

In public and conferences, they talks like human beings but thinks like dull blades. While the world is competing in new technologies, leaders all over the world identified smart people in their societies and place them in expensive schools to practice for future technology advancement. But in South Sudan, those old leaders put in their minds only the fight of artilleries machine guns as the only way of achievement. They do not believe that a technology minded individual can change the world in just a second. Instead of putting enough smart South Sudanese children in technology schools, they only place their own children and relatives even if they know their children cannot do well in schools.
When a young person requested a scholarship opportunity, they told him to join the SPLA army first before being recognized. What kind of a world where all the good people are military?

In the CPA documents, it was stated that the country resources will be divided between the SPLM and the National Unity by fifty-fifty. However, the smart Northern party uses their resources wisely. They put their children in technology, medical and many other important fields of study, while at the same time equipped their armies with full military equipments and best trainings.

The poor Southern leaders relies their military trainings on the UNIMIS and other non-governmental agencies that provide only two to three weeks trainings, and thinking their armies and law enforcement officers are better in such short term trainings. Instead of hiring experienced military training personnel like what the Northern did by signing military contracts with China and other Arab nations, the Southern Leaders are scary asses thinking that if they sign contracts with governments like US and South Africa to train their military, the CPA will be in jeopardy. What if the CPA collapse later and our armies are not well equipped, are we not going to run back to bush?

The same South Sudan leaders kept stealing the country resources and used them for their personal benefits. Where in this world can the trusted people steals their own properties? They are the leaders and are the South Sudanese people in origin, who do they think the country resources belong to? They settle their families far a way from Sudan and fool the rest of the country population that they are good leaders. Where in the world can a leader run for political seat while his wife and children are not living with him? You can find that only in Sudan.

South Sudan politicians are not really serious about our situation. Because if they do, there should already be something achieved. Four years are many, and the entire transition period of six years is a special test that the world sets to see our ability and capabilities if we can handle the independency. Now four years have already finished and nothing amazed has been achieved so far. How will the world leaders who witnessed the CPA feel about that?

The South Sudan government should have done something to impress the witnesses of the CPA. For example, if they constructed a South Sudan independent technology school that can only be done in matter of only one million dollars which our government can get in just one month period. The additional 50,000 can be set a side to hire the best teachers somewhere in the world, who can train our people with the best technology, and medical instruments. I bet you, in just two years, the numbers of people who can get the best training in our homeland cannot be compared with those who received their technology and medical diplomas from other countries for the last 20 years. That is the benefit of being your own boss, but our government leaders did not look at it that way.

Article II. South Sudan Young Generations to wake up
As a freeman and a democratic minded person, I want to take this opportunity to express my concerns so that my South Sudanese young generations will have a chance to wake up under the beds of these old schools before it is too late. As one of you, I want to aware us that our time is now, and that we have to think big and smart. We together have to know that those old folks will not do us any good rather than keeping us in small huts. We have explored the world and experiences many things, including war, refugees and civilized life, working days and night shifts and learning the new technology. We have the opportunity to change our country if these old guys failed to recognize our needs.

My biggest concern is for us to stop losing our energies by putting unyielding supports to those old men and still did not recognize what our needs are. It is not too late for us to organize ourselves and work cooperatively as new generation who has a vision to apply toward their country development. If our government failed to support our generation in our daily struggles, and slows in our country developments, we can hold our hands together as a team and create a better unity, propose the visionary projects such as technology and medical advancements, and fight for the entire illiteracy in our country.

I suggest that we can make a contribution for just small amount of money from each young South Sudanese person, and put the amount together in a safer place. We can give one year period for the message to reach all the South Sudanese young people around the world. And later if we put this amount together, it may reach trillions of dollars. With this money, we can open up a technology training centers somewhere in the south, and give it a cooperative name for the work of South Sudanese young people. This is where all the smart kids of the South Sudan can be educating in. This is just the idea but if we all consider it, the result would be amazing.

There is a word said in Nuer language (La wech a rom Nguet Chuong) translated: the country stands by young people. As young people, we cannot sit idly, while our country constantly experiencing corruption, greediness, insecurity, undeveloped and major illiteracy. We must show these old men our strength and smartness in a way that will challenge their leaderships.

Before I close this article, I would like to thanks the readers specially the young people, and I would like them to focus on the ideas I outline under article two. Hoping to ear back from each and every one of you,

And thanks.

The author is a United States Resident, and holds a bachelor degree in criminal justice administration. He can be reached at kuethyul@gmail.com
Back to top Go down
https://loucommunity.forumotion.com
Ker Biel

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 6:37 am

Dear Yul Dit

Good job, this is how we will win the challenges. We have kept informing them in order to understand what goes on since the people went to bush up today no change being made.

Thank
Ker Biel
Toronto
Back to top Go down
Wiyual

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 8:35 am

Mr. Yul,

That is an impressing article. The wordiness and its tone really persuade the young people of South Sudan, in order to take challenges which are facing this nourishing nation of South Sudan. Also, I like the phrase you had putted there that says, “la wech a rom nguet chuong."

Job well done,

Peter Wiyual Dak
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-12-19

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:19 am

Mr. Ker and Peter Dak, thank you very much for the courage. I wrote this article last night while reading the news online about developments.

I feel that I need to write this article to wake up the young people of South Sudan. Even if it cannot meet the idea of every one, it may in some point help some idealist out there to bring up good article in the future. I feel that a big idea can be boosted by small one. We never know.

Thanks you once again for the supportive words.

Yrs.
Yuldit.
Back to top Go down
https://loucommunity.forumotion.com
Wiyual

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 11:11 am

Hey Mr. Kueth,

It would be a good idea if you post this article on other South Sudan major websites which are most viewable by many young South Sudanese. Some are eager to read these motivating words like what you have proposed.

Regards,

Wiyual
Back to top Go down
Pur Duoth Rut

Male
Number of posts : 13
Job/hobbies : football Player
Humor : patient
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 1:56 pm

Dear Mr. Yul and others,

It is really an outstanding article that has ever written! Yes mr. Wiyual, I agree with you on the point that this article can be taken to South Sudan public websites because it touches all aspects that exist in South Sudan.

Thank very much Mr. Yul

Pur Duoth Rut

Norway, Europe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time For Everything Article.   Time For Everything Article. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time For Everything Article.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum :: Share idea with Lou :: Enter into Lou Nuer Forum-
Jump to: