Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Welcome to Lou Nuer Community Forum

Lou Nuer Community consist of Akobo, Nyirol and Uror Counties

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Full Details of Wildlife Officers Killed in Jonglei Duk County

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male
Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Full Details of Wildlife Officers Killed in Jonglei Duk County Empty
PostSubject: Full Details of Wildlife Officers Killed in Jonglei Duk County   Full Details of Wildlife Officers Killed in Jonglei Duk County I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2009 6:57 am

Hi every one. If you want to know more details about the Lou Nuer Nyirol County wildlife officers who were killed in Duk country,below is a full details .

THANKS.

January /28/2009

PRESS RELEASE:

The Killing of six Wildlife Officers and wounding of five from
Nyirol County by Duk Police in Duk County on 11th January 2009

Nyirol and Urorr Community and I are shocked to learn about the merciless murder on 11th January 2009 of six and wounding of five Wildlife Officers from my County by police officers in Duk County. The attack was organized by some officers from Duk County police department against Wildlife officers and County officials from Nyirol County who were newly deployed to the County.
Information in my possession indicates that the Police of Duk County had early planned to attack the said newly deployed Wildlife Forces of Nyirol County who were traveling from Bor to Nyirol via Duk County. The said identified Police officers of Duk County claimed that they killed the victims not on any reason but just because of their ethnic (Nuer) background.
This is a sad case considering that this Assembly is working around the clock with all other departments and the Government of Southern Sudan in general to restore peace, promote democracy and protection of Human rights of all citizens irrespective of their ethnic backgrounds.
The names of the victims are:
1. Dr. Duop Thor Dup, Director of Nyirol County Veterinary
2. Sergeant, Chuol Ding Baab, Cashier of Nyirol Wildlife Forces
3. Sergeant, Kiel Pulnyang Reat, Wildlife Forces
4. Private Riek Wan Dup –Wildlife Force
5. Chot Gatluak Juet,
6. Yusiff Abdelrahman Yusif, the Car Driver
The severely wounded of Nyirol Citizens are Follows:
Ter Muon Joak, Juba University Student,
Maluit Keak Chan- Private Soldier of Wildlife Forces
Mama Nyamuon the mother of late of Chot Gatluak Juet
James Manyiel Joak-Private Soldier of Wildlife Forces.
Tut Char Lual –Official of the County of Nyirol.

Nyirol County Community is clear and has been provoked by the reason listed below:
During the killing, the killers allegedly uttered their triumphs by cheering that they were killing the Nuer, contrary to this Assembly’s understanding that those victims were not just simply from their tribes, but they were organized Wildlife Forces and Government officials on their official mission from their State Capital to the County.

It is reported that they were killed just within arrange of a kilometer from Poktap town, the official base of County Commissioner who was expected to intervene in the killing yet it is said that by sending reinforcement, three more people lost their lives in addition to the once killed previously by officers who had killed the first victims.

Statement from witnesses indicate that the State crime investigators from Bor Town who were sent to collect evidence at the scene of killing were barred from accessing the area of crime by the same trigger happy officers from Duk County who are suspected to have killed or conspired to kill the victims.

The Jonglei State security personnel report after the incident indicate that Mr. Mayien Ngor, the Commissioner of Duk County had a clear knowledge about his police officers plan to attack the Nyirol County Wildlife Forces and failed to prevent what is considered a crime. This matter therefore, needs to be thoroughly investigated.

My Recommendation to Nyiorl Community and Lou Nuer Community in General

I appeal to Nyirol Community that despite the sorrow and disappointment of what has happened to their County and the entire Lou Nuer Community in Jonglei State, that they remain patient and avoid any action of revenge or but commit themselves in the search of unity, progress, peace and the prosperity of our people of Jonglei State as expected of us after the achievement of freedom.

Upon my consultation with the Community, I therefore on their behalf recommend the following to be done immediately:

Thorough investigation and punishment of all those involved in the killing including the Duk County Commissioner if found responsible;

The immediate Compensation of those who were killed including the looted properties from traders and individual’s money and other items

Team should be sent from this Assemble to Jonglei State to investigate the Security Situation on the ground.

I also suggest, the role of security organs in Jonglei State should conducts of individual police personnel investigated so that the killing of innocent people should not continue within and around Bor as happened to some citizens of Murle Community last year inside Bor Town Hospital in the presence of police Chief and other senior Officials including the former Governor, otherwise a deadly spirit of tribalism and feeling of mistrust for one another amongst the people of Jonglei State will never end.

Tribalism in Jonglei State and entire Southern Sudan need to be stopped and Civic education should now be introduced in the education curriculum in the Southern Sudan

It is absurd that people are killing themselves based on their ethnic background at the presence of top police officers as happened to Murle Citizens who were killed by Bor Dinka Citizens within Bor town at the presence of State agents and the recent one of Nyirol Wildlife Forces by police in Duk
I would want to see the above mentioned malpractices to stop; otherwise such things will lead to revivable of tribalism which should not be encouraged in the contemporary Southern Sudan.
Back to top Go down
https://loucommunity.forumotion.com

Full Details of Wildlife Officers Killed in Jonglei Duk County
Page 1 of 1